Our answer to cheesy wotsits!! Infinitely better, and just perfect dipped in paprika salt and served with green olives and Champagne!
- 140g Water
- 65g Butter
- 70g Plain flour
- 100g whole eggs
- 85g Stilton
- 35g Parmesan
- 1 pinch of Xanthum
1. In a medium, heavy based sauce pan, bring the water and butter to the boil
2. Add the flour and immediately beat well to incorporate
3. Continue to mix over a medium heat and cook out for 3-5 minutes
4. Remove from the heat and allow to cool slightly, add xanthum and then slowly incorporate the eggs
5. Add cheese and beat well
6. Transfer the mix to a blender, add the cheese and blitz until smooth
7. Place into a piping bag and chill in the fridge.
8. When ready to serve, squeeze a finger width log of the mix from the piping bag and with a pair of scissors, snip small nuggets into a deep fat fryer at 180c.
9. Fry the puffs until crisp and golden. Stir them as they cook to give them a uniform colour.
10. Remove from the fryer and drain on paper. Season with the paprika salt and serve immediately
11. Serve the puffs with a bowl of unpasteurised green olives
Smoked Paprika Salt
- 4tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp sugar